Monday, July 27, 2020

I need to shed a few pounds...or more.

Recently, I asked the question in my VIP women's group, "If money was not a factor, what is keeping you from booking a boudoir session?"  The comments that followed were many.  However, this one in particular came up many, many times.

"A few pounds."
"...and a few pounds."
"...and too many pounds."
"I'm at my highest weight."
"My weight gain. :( "
"...once I loose another 20..."
"weight mostly."
"I want to loose the weight first."
"weight."
"weight."
"weight."

Let me tell you, you are not alone in these answers.  But maybe I can "shed" some light or a new thought process that can empower and encourage you to begin a journey on body love.

I think boudoir is for every BODY, and all sizes should do it.   I want to showcase all bodies.  So, let me remind you that your body is ALWAYS in a state of flux.  It's always changing, growing, shrinking, adapting to whatever you are doing.  It's not good or bad, it's just doing its job!  It's a good practice to photograph your body throughout its changes...and this doesn't mean just boudoir.  The only BEFORE and AFTER that really matters is when you were a baby  to when you die....everything else in between that is change...not new, not better, just different.

STOP comparing your body. Period.  Stop comparing it to your old body.  Stop comparing your body to all the images you see posted all over social media.  START telling yourself that you are beautiful just the way you are today, right now.  Be nice to yourself.  If you heard someone say the things you say to yourself, to someone else...what would you think?

You may not love your body right now, and that's ok.  I want to help empower you to start embracing your body.  I want you to START accepting your body the way it is right now.  Learning to accept your body and to appreciate what it does for you is a big step towards body love.

A boudoir session celebrates you NOW!  It can be a powerful and life changing experience.

You are more than just your body.  The journey you are on is constant work...every day.  There is no final destination goal for loving yourself...you just make it a little easier every day.  You are ENOUGH.  You are WORTHY.  And, you DESERVE to love all of YOU!

XO
Angela


Boudoir Nashville by Angela's Photography
Email: angela@angelas-photography.com
angelas-photography.com


Join our VIP group for women only here:  www.facebook.com/groups/boudoirnashville







7 comments:

  1. I totally agree Angela! We women have bodies that do amazing things, and we need to love our bodies just the way they are. At any weight ,size,shape, or color we can rock it and we need more women to stand and say i love my body- Khristine

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who has never loved her body whether I was 110 pounds or 210 or any weight in between, I couldn't agree with you more. I'm finally starting to love who I am the way I am, and doing a boudoir session with you helped me see beauty that I never existed. My hope is that more women realize they are beautiful just the way they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I have always had insecurities, and compared myself to others. Never felt I was where I wanted to be in loving myself. Boudoir helped opened a gateway of love for myself and acknowledgement in knowing I can see myself as beautiful.
    All of us have a special beauty within, so thankful for daily reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with this. I have always been on of those that felt like my body was not fit for boudoir photos. However, I have seen women with every body type with their boudoir photos and look gorgeous. I have decided to take the step so that I can see something in me from someone else's view. Now, just saving up the money to be able to complete it.

    ReplyDelete